17 January 2008

Big News

The one car household is no more!!! That's right, we submitted to the pressure of the american way, and now Lgirl and I once again, each have our very own gas powered auto. We got a rally car!!! 1990 honda civic lx, with quarter million+ miles! It's not lowered but compared the the subaru, it's like a damn indy car. So far, it runs good (knock on hard wood), and the price was right. It even came with a sweet stereo and yakima rack and a seat pad that has a heater and vibrates, so who the hell could go wrong!? Bought it for less than my SAN JOSE for goodness sakes!!!

It should do the job to get me back and forth around town when conditions are not bike weather. One could argue that all weather is bike weather, especially here in Ptown, but the night classes in the winter that get done at 10pm, don't bode well to biking home.

If the motor dies in the next couple of years or so, I'm going to find an electric motor and some batteries and wire it up to be the electric car of the future. If someone wants to donate batteries and electric motor, I will expedite the EV conversion, and begin work next summer.

In other news (and the only other news besides the fact that I'm swamped in school and work)-
I'm running more these days. Maybe getting ready for this.

3 comments:

saschasdad said...

Nice new car, Ness. Welcome back to America, baby. Man, that car would be perfect for me if it was a hatchback. That's pretty much what I'm looking for, so let me know if you see one.

I'm glad to see you're getting ready for some mud. Lots of it.

Unknown said...

sheeit, mud? it's been muddy since october here. it's the distance I'm to be concerned with, my ultra friend.

Kyia said...

Honda's rule!! Rally on!