08 April 2008

peak hockey

NHL Playoffs are here. It will be a while before they're over, and we'll wonder why the season is so long during the finals, but they start tomorrow and I have to get my predictions in.

Last year I predicted every series in round one, and I didn't get very many right. This year I'm only going to make a couple of predictions.

The east finals: Pittsburg vs Montreal. (MTL in 5)
They haven't been this excited in Quebec for along time! I really should be too excited about that prediction, because they are the 2 best teams in the east. But who cares, there you have it.

The west finals: san jose vs Minnesota. (MN wins in 7 games)
provided the Wild can avoid playing the Ducks.

I usually would not pick a team from California to make it this far, because most of my picks are based on geographic location rather than team skill.

Finals MN Wild over Canadiens in 6 games. Real original I know, especailly after my picks last year, but really how cool would it be to have that matchup?

1 comment:

saschasdad said...

Hey Nessski,
Danny and I are in Beantown now. We just started off a fun-filled weekend with a little Mexi food and a tasty marg. Wish you were here, bud.

We were going to call you, but neither of us has your number.