27 February 2007

Update.

Tomorrow I will have another pint of blood removed making it an even 35 units (pints) since June 5, 2006. That's 4 3/8 gallons. That's getting close to a full 5 gallon bucket full of blood, taken out of me. On Feb 6th, my ferritin was only 82, down from 1080 last spring. A ferritin of 82 is well within the normal range, but it's not quite considered 'de-ironed' by the doctor until it gets to 30. I really hope to be at 30 or below after tomorrow's appointment, and I will know for sure next week. Fingers (and toes) crossed.

Also, you might have noticed (if you read my blog), that I changed the name at the top. I don't know why it was what it was, but I think .:madNESS is a much better choice.

Here's my planned nordic ski racing schedule for March:
March 3: Par for the course II 10km individual freestyle
March 22: Nat'l Masters 15km skiathlon
March 24: Nat'l Masters 15km classic
March 25: Nat'l Masters 30km freestyle
March 31: John Craig race (classic)

Downtown Bend, winterfest sprints.

No comments: