07 March 2006

RIP 34 Puck

Thanks Kirby.
I looked at the front page of the local paper here in Bend, and there was a huge picture of one of my hero's growing up in Minnesota. Kirby Puckett passed away yesterday. He was the man in 1987 and 1991, putting the twins over the top to win the world series twice. OK, he had some problems off the field after his retirement. He was still the man.

In other news, I skied in the 'Par for the course 2' 10k up at the nordic center on Saturday. I had a pretty good race (3rd overall), but they put me in the wrong age group. In this race the idea is to improve over your time from the par for the course 1, which was in December. Well I was a few minutes faster, but I missed my start in the 1st race so I probably really improved only a couple minutes. The national masters are right around the corner! Still working on the Birkie 06 review.

No comments: