12 May 2006

McEwen wins 3rd stage, Tour prediction, and PPP training update

Was thinking about what to blog about today, and I figured, what else? The Giro! Robbie McEwen won his 3rd stage today, blowing away all his challengers in the final 100 meters. I'm wondering just how long he'll last though, it'd be nice if he finished the whole thing, but that's not likely, for a sprinter like him. His eyes are fully focused on the Tour de France green jersey.


He's fast and he's sure to kick everyones a$$ in the sprint finishes at the tour, and take the green jersey. As for the overall tour favorites? Everyone seems to think Italian Ivan Basso is the man to beat. I'm going to make my prediction right now, PHONAK rider Floyd Landis will win the 2006 Tour.

Floyd has had a great season thus far winning the Tour of California, Paris-Nice and the Tour de Georgia. Rounding out the podium will be the ultra skinny climber all star Michael Rasmusen, who will not blow it like he did last year in a disasterous final time trial, and Ivan Basso for 3rd. I really wanted to put Jan Ullrich on the Podium, so hopefully he can get is crap together and be able to stay w/ the contenders in the mountains where the race will probably be decided. There you have it. Check back in late July to see how that works out.

We're in shape for a 80 degrees in town this weekend with crystal clear skies. I'm going XC skiing tomorrow morning, where hopefully it will be a bit less than 80 degrees. Yes, we are still skiing here in central oregon, but unfortunatly I have not been up since April 2nd. Too busy biking and running. It's time to get my ski game on for PPP. My XC game that is. The race also includes a Giant Slalom, which I plan to practice once, about 20 minutes before the race. That's probably not smart, considering I have some big old rear entry downhill boots that my XC boots fit in, so it's a little shaky. I figure that I'm not going to win the GS, and hopefully I can keep up for the most part on the XC leg. I plan to make up as much ground as possible on the bike and the run. Then we'll try to survive the kayak leg, and then sprint my ass to the finish line. This is going to be one fast and furious competition. Fun if nothing else.

peace out.

No comments: