16 May 2006

It's PPP week!

It's also approaching 90 degrees.

Had a blast mountain bike racing last weekend. Super dusty, but the trail was really fun. OK as for my result, I was 2nd in the singlespeed division. It was super fun. I was probably in 6th place after the first lap, and proceded to kick butt (rally style) on the second lap. I found that I could rally much easier up the hills, than down, because I still don't have the rally downhill skills. It was pretty sweet, I could have gone 3 laps (like what the experts did). I didn't crash, but there was lots of crashing. One of the Expert women went down right in front of me, and I had to stop and my foot was in her spokes (no harm done). I must have had a death grip on the handle bars, because my hands were real tired a while into the race.

Now, about all I can think about is the giant slalom to XC transition, and my paddling technique.

Let's hope it cools off a bit, and get it on!

PPP training this week:
Monday: easy run w/ 30 sec intervals
Tuesday: hard bike
Wednesday: kayak and easy run (ski? nah!)
Thursday: rest - maybe easy bike in TT mode.
Friday: get ready to rumble.
Saturday: the 'bend olympics' game on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 2nd! But the real question is; can you run 400 meters in 60 seconds? I'm still about a minute off pace.